I wanted to share a “Day in My Life” with you, in the hopes that you would get a glimpse into my everyday life and the passion that I posses for helping people find and buy their dream homes. One of the appealing aspects of working as a real estate agent to me is that each day is different, and responding to the changing needs of buyers and sellers often means shifting gears at the last minute. Although every day is unique, there are some activities that may be typical in my work day and I’ve tried my best to convey what a typical day may look like. I hope that you enjoy this post!
- 6 AM – I’m woken up by a little cold nose from one of my two rescue cats, Jack and Jill, from an animal shelter in Cornelius, then off to the local YMCA for some cardio.
- 8 AM – The next stop is my office to review emails which includes going over issues with current deals (inspections, lenders, appraisers, etc) , check on showings on my listings- which involves reaching out to showing agents s), confirm my buyers’ showing schedules, contact potential buyers and sellers, check on my team’s progress on social media, photography, marketing, website, etc.
- 1PM – Then off to show homes with my buyers/friends. Sometimes it is just a few homes and other days it could be 12+ homes depending on my buyers’ schedule. I give each home we view a name so buyer can keep it straight in their minds. The remarks could vary from kitchen with fireplace to smelly dog home. I chose the hints from my buyers’ comments.
- 5 PM -After dropping my buyers off, then it’s back to the office to send feedback to the listing agents of the homes we viewed and answer emails. I also review feedback from showings on my listings and give updates to Brookside Exclusives’ sellers.
- 6 PM– I eat dinner with the family, then back to the office to catch up on emails, schedule more homes for my buyers to view the following day, contact showing agents on Brookside Exclusive listings and review my plan for the next day.
I like so many facets of my job, especially working with people. One of my favorite aspects of my job is closing on a home and giving away a portion of my commission received on that deal to the charity of my clients’ choice. Paying forward my blessings…I love it! Anne Frank sums up my feelings quite beautifully with one simple quote, “No one has ever become poor by giving.”